EFP – Elders Financial Planning Pty Ltd
Elders means Elders Limited (ACN 004 336 636) and its wholly owned subsidiaries. These subsidiaries include Elders Rural Services Australia Limited (ACN 004 045 121), Elders Services Company Pty Limited (ACN 136 957 081), Elders International Australia Pty Limited (ACN 007 735 168), North Australian Cattle Company Pty Limited (ACN 009 644 679), Killara Feedlot Pty Limited (ACN 081 072 746), and Charlton Feedlot Pty Limited (ACN 073 496 625). In addition, it also means B&W Rural Pty Limited (ACN 068 943 528).
Joint Ventures and Services Partners means entities for whom Elders distributes products or services to clients on an exclusive or preferential basis as part of its general service offering and to whom Elders is required to provide Personal Information in order for them to manage those products or services for you. Joint ventures and service partners of Elders include Alfred C Toepfer International (Australia) Pty Limited (ACN 083 938 416), Rural Bank Limited (ACN 083 938 416), QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ACN 003 191 035), Elders Insurance (Underwriting Agency) Pty Limited (ACN 138 879 026), Elders Financial Planning Pty Limited (ACN 007 997 186), and Elders Home Loans Pty Limited (ACN 118 064 654).
Personal information – information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information –includes information or an opinion about, amongst other things, an individual’s racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; or religious beliefs or affiliations; or philosophical beliefs; or sexual orientation or practices; or criminal record; or health information.
Elders Financial Planning Pty Ltd (EFP) collects your personal information in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice where he/she works) to provide you with financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information your adviser collects about you for the following purposes:
– to assist in providing you with products and services;
– to consider your request for a product or service;
– to enable:
- EFP or another member of the Elders group; or
- Millennium3 Financial Services Group (M3FSG) or another member of the IOOF group
to provide you with a product or service;
– to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
– to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
– to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction or investment research);
– to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against EFP and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving EFP.;
– to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
– to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
– as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your information to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
– where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate;
– where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
– where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, EFP may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
We may be required by relevant laws to collect certain information from you. Details of laws that require us to collect information about individuals (personal information) and why these laws require us to collect personal information are contained in the Elders Policy Policy, which can be found at www.elders.com.au/privacy
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
– an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document;
– M3FSG or another member of the IOOF group which may use the information to perform administrative or operational tasks or comply with regulatory requirements and prudential standards
– an organisation that has an arrangement with EFP to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with EFP to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them or EFP to: provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service;
– any agent, contractor or service provider of EFP or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or para-planning services, IT support providers and mailing houses);
– an organisation that assists EFP to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
– regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
– other parties EFP is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to;
– any person who introduces you to EFP;
– your referee(s);
– your employer;
– your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
– your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, please phone or email your adviser to withdraw your consent or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
EFP may disclose information to recipients (including service providers and related entities of Elders IOOF) which are
(1) located outside Australia and/or
(2) either not established in or do not carry on business in Australia.
Where your adviser discloses your personal information to recipients located in countries which are not listed in these privacy policies, he/she will inform you of those countries in the Adviser Profile of our FSG (Part Two of Two)
If you obtain credit services from us or our authorised representative, your personal information, including information about your other credit liabilities, repayments and defaults, may be disclosed to credit reporting bodies. We may also collect this information from credit reporting bodies. Information about credit reporting is available at www.elders.com.au/privacy
– the circumstances in which we or another member of the Elders Group may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party);
– how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
– how you can raise concerns that we or another member of the Elders Group has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or Elders will deal with those matters.
Collecting sensitive information
We will not collect sensitive information about you, such as information about your health, without your consent.
If applicable, we may collect health information with your consent. Your health information will only be disclosed to a service provider or organisation where this is necessary in order to provide you with financial products and services.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed in connection with your dealings with us.
Phone: 1300 555 927
Mail: The Privacy Officer, Elders, GPO Box 551, Adelaide, SA, 5001